The Pousada do Rio Mutum - Pantanal Lodge is located in the municipal district of Barão de Melgaço, one of the most beautiful regions of Mato Grosso´s Pantanal.
The reference point for arrival at North Pantanal Norte is the city of Cuiabá, capital of the state of Mato Grosso. From Cuiabá airport to Pousada do Rio Mutum - Pantanal Lodge there is a 130 km distance, of which 50 km in highways and 80 km of dust roads. The trip takes 02h30min to 03h00min during drought periods; during flood periods it can take longer, depending on the conditions of the roads. Since the road is trans-Pantanal, one can enjoy the beautiful landscape and the various species of birds and small animals during the trip.
In this ecological paradise the sound of the birds at dawn, the enchantment of the waters, the blue sky, the breathtaking sunset, horseback riding through the forests and wetlands, trails totally immersed in nature, flights of birds, Brazilian otters playing by the river, alligators enjoying the sun... will give you unique and unforgettable moments.
• 22 cottage like apartments, distributed in a park area
of 07 hectares, all with air conditioning, ceiling fans,
minibar, mini closet, hammock and private porch;
• Reception and tv room;
• Restaurant with a varied regional menu;
• Adult and children swimming pool with a panoramic bar;
• Hammocks under mango trees;
• Souvenir and convenience stores;
• Laundry services;
• Toyota Jeep for safaris and excursions;
• Motor boats for trips through the bays;
• Rowing canoes;
• Vehicles with air conditioning for transfer;
• Runway for small aircrafts;
• Telephone line: DDD, DDI and Satellite Internet.
Even though the rhythm of drought and flooding periods have a great influence over life at the Pantanal, at the Pousada Mutum one can find, at any time of the year a great variety of landscapes with different ecosystems and a huge biodiversity.
With one of the world’s largest and most varied ecosystems, the Pantanal is an unique destination that pleases even the most demanding traveler.
- Trails around the Pousada for fauna and flora observation;
- Horseback riding through dense forests, crossing small rivers and flooded areas;
- Canoe trips through the wetlands;
- Departures at dawn in order to enjoy the sunrise and life in the Pantanal;
- Departures at dawn in order to night active animals in the Pantanal;
- Boat or Jeep Safaris and excursions covering over 50 km of total nature immersion in order to observe the local fauna and flora;
- Visits to Cuiabá-Mirim, a river side community of fishermen at the Cuiabá river;
- Motor boat trips through the bays and small rivers for observation of the fauna and flora, with stops to enjoy the sunset and the famous piranha fishing;
- Photographic Safari through the Mutum River, with its rare and unique beauty.