Malocas Jungle Lodge is a complex of Malocas (indigenous dwellings which tradicionally house one or more families) divided into different sectors. Its for people who want to feel the difference of living in the Amazon jungle, without electricity and all of morden machines that we are use to. The Malocas Jungle Lodge is located 160 km from Manaus on the banks of the Rio Preto da Eva, a tributary of the Amazon, whose acid waters inhibit the proliferation of insect. Your stay in Malocas will be an exceptional adventure....
With 3 malocas (indian circular houses), the Malocas Jungle eco-Lodge offer 12 double rooms with toilets and shower. Futhermore facilities include a hammock area, restaurant and bar.
Transport from Manaus to Malocas Jungle Lodge takes approximately 3:00 hours divided in two stages: 1 -Departure from Manaus with a specialized guide to the little city of Rio Preto da Eva by bus ( 80 km). 2 - Then by motor canoe down the river, deep inside the Jungle to the Lodge ( 80 km)
- The Malocas Jungle Lodge was constructed respecting the balance of the environment.
- At the Malocas Lodge they do not change the bed clothes during your stay, in such a way we save water, soap and energy. The rooms are delivered clean and with sterilized bed clothes.
- The solar energy (used in the Malocas) is very important in the forest. We only hear the sound of the nature. In the external area of the hotel, they use bio-diesel for night lights. All supper/dinner in the Malocas Lodge is brightened up by candles.
- All produced solid residue in the hotel (bathrooms, kitchen) goes to the biological pit. Preventing in this way the river pollution.
- The Garbage in the Malocas Lodge is studied and separated in advance. You agree to prevent some superfluous objects such as disposable bottles, plastic cups among others. You'll be informed prior your departure about some items that we recommend not to take into the lodge's room (if you have any, you can keep them in the kitchen): plastic bottles/cans, biscuits, chocolates, Chips and others.
- The food is of a basic importance and during your stay in the Malocas Lodge the kitchen is regional, mainly based of fish. A basket of fruits is always set in your disposition in the restaurant.
- You must be conscious that you must have a travelling insurance, if note contact your insurance company so that you can be safe before leaving to the jungle hotel.
- Take with you only pictures, leave back slight footprints, and take home all the beautiful memories.
- Colors such as white, red or yellow are very bright and strong for nature, avoid using them. You can be noticed kilometers ahead and break the harmony of the natural environment. Use clothes and equipment of neutral colors, then you can enjoy and see more of nature.
- Walk in silence, preserving the tranquility and the sensation of harmony that the nature offers. Leave any sonorous instruments back home.
- Do not remove animals, flowers or wild plants, much less ill-treat or damage them. Appreciate its beauty in its place, without attacking the nature and giving the same opportunity to other visitors.